Enter the On-line Discussion Forum (latest posts are shown below)
Dreams and Project Ideas
The Belfast Area Transition Initiative is a good place to share your ideas and find support.
How about a LOCAL FOOD PRESERVATION COOPERATIVE ?
- a food dryer powered by a solar panel that fits on a BIKE TRAILER and we bring it to the farmer's market to be used on that day?
- includes a person who shares information with folks on how to preserve / store the produce they are purchasing?
- during apple season it brings an applepress.
- maybe on other days it could be outfitted with a two burner propane stove top to teach some canning or cooking methods?
- it could bring samples of lactofermentation methods.
- offer starter for Kombucha.
- maybe work closely with MOFGA and share this concept with other communities?
What if people could contributed $1 - $5000? Who wouldn't want to give what they could? Being portable and educational it is a very resilient design.
Click here to discuss this idea
Solar Food Dryer
Some of us are looking over various solar food dryerplans. Thanks to Sundog Solar for these suggestions: